Friday, January 29, 2010

brain dump: emotional business plan

so, the holidays wear me out, along with seasonal illness and general upkeep of four people, two dogs and a house.

Sanity first.

so, my brain dump for today is this:

my power training class this morning reminded me that I have a new annoying thing to track. My food consumption. I must start a food journal, they say. It's the only way to make progress. Progress being defined as more in shape or less body fat. All good, except I exercise, SO I can eat. Whatever, whenever. Food deprivation is one of my triggers, so I don't deprive myself. Period. The more fit I am, the better choices I make. But still. Whatever, whenever, I just work to pay attention and stop when I'm full.

So far today:
breakfast
1 mug of black tea, 1 tsp sugar, 1 glug 1/2 & 1/2
1 pc grainy bread, butter, strawberry jam

snack
1 big bite of lemon chicken (leftovers)
1/2 pink lady apple
1 square barely-dark chocolate

glass of water (working on that)

***

Working on Foster Princess knocks me flat on a regular basis. It's a daunting emotional ride. But I'm on the ride and
I've come to realize that I have an emotional business plan in place, which makes the work possible. One component is physical care. I have a standing goal of intensive exercise at least every other day.
Otherwise, I'm a bitch. (I tried other words and phrases, like needlessly grumpy, ass and so forth, but bitch just captures it).

more on the emotional business plan soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Foster Princess Blog by Leigh Ecke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.